1. having or showing a dutiful spirit of reverence for God or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations.
2. characterized by a hypocritical concern with virtue or religious devotion; sanctimonious.
3. practiced or used in the name of real or pretended religious motives, or for some ostensibly good object; falsely earnest or sincere: a pious deception.
4. of or relating to religious devotion; sacred rather than secular: pious literature.
5. having or showing appropriat
"worshippers can be pious towards people."
"people can be pious."
"hopes can be pious."
"words can be pious."
"families can be pious."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.