1. persisting, especially in spite of opposition, obstacles, discouragement, etc.; persevering: a most annoyingly persistent young man.
2. lasting or enduring tenaciously: the persistent aroma of verbena; a persistent cough.
3. constantly repeated; continued: persistent noise.
4. Biology. continuing or permanent. having continuity of phylogenetic characteristics.
5. Botany. remaining attached beyond the usual time, as flowers, flower parts, or leaves.
"people can be persistent in things."
"pressures can be persistent in quarters."
"oils can be persistent at heatings."
"winds can be persistent of places."
"vowels can be persistent in lists."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.