1. strange; queer; odd: peculiar happenings.
2. uncommon; unusual: the peculiar hobby of stuffing and mounting bats.
3. distinctive in nature or character from others.
4. belonging characteristically (usually followed by to): an expression peculiar to Canadians.
5. belonging exclusively to some person, group, or thing: the peculiar properties of a drug.
6. Astronomy. designating a star or galaxy with special properties that deviates from others of its spectral type or
"grimes can be peculiar in things."
"ways can be peculiar to groups."
"types can be peculiar to novels."
"ticses can be peculiar to individuals."
"tactics can be peculiar to countries."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.