1. to squeeze or compress tightly between two surfaces or points; pinch; bite.
2. to take off by pinching, biting, or snipping (usually followed by off): He nipped off a piece of steak and gave it to the dog.
3. to check in growth or development.
4. to affect sharply and painfully or injuriously, as a very cold temperature: a cold wind that nips the fingers.
5. Informal. to snatch away suddenly.
6. Informal. to defeat (an opponent) by a very
"outs can be nipped."
"jazzs can be nipped."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.