1. a cardinal number, ten times nine.
2. a symbol for this number, as 90 or XC.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. nineties, the numbers, years, degrees, or the like, from 90 through 99, as in referring to numbered streets, indicating the years of a lifetime or of a century, or degrees of temperature: His grandmother is in her nineties. adjective
5. amounting to 90 in number.
"waltzes can be nineties."
"reporters can be nineties."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.