1. immediately following in time, order, importance, etc.: the next day; the next person in line.
2. nearest or adjacent in place or position: the next room.
3. nearest in relationship or kinship. adverb
4. in the place, time, importance, etc., nearest or immediately following: We're going to London next. This is my next oldest daughter.
5. on the first occasion to follow: when next we meet. preposition
6. adjacent to; nearest: It's in the closet next the blackboar
"places can be next on lists."
"people can be next in lines."
"places can be next in lines."
"decisions can be next in/at/on dates."
"places can be next in investments."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.