verb (used without object), moved, moving.
1. to pass from one place or position to another.
2. to go from one place of residence to another: They moved from Tennessee to Texas.
3. to advance or progress: The red racing car moved into the lead.
4. to have a regular motion, as an implement or a machine; turn; revolve.
5. to sell or be sold: That new model is moving well.
6. to start off or leave: It's time to be moving.
7. to transfer a piece in a game, as chess or checkers. 8
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.