1. a dirty, untidy, or disordered condition: The room was in a mess.
2. a person or thing that is dirty, untidy, or disordered.
3. a state of embarrassing confusion: My affairs are in a mess.
4. an unpleasant or difficult situation: She got into a mess driving without a license.
5. a dirty or untidy mass, litter, or jumble: a mess of papers.
6. a group regularly taking their meals together.
7. the meal so taken.
8. mess hall. 9. Naval. messroom. 10. a quantity of foo
"pavements can be messed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.