1. a person who buys and sells commodities for profit; dealer; trader.
2. a storekeeper; retailer: a local merchant who owns a store on Main Street.
3. Chiefly British. a wholesaler. adjective
4. pertaining to or used for trade or commerce: a merchant ship.
5. pertaining to the merchant marine.
6. Steelmaking. (of bars and ingots) of standard shape or size.
"banks can be merchant."
"fleets can be merchant."
"directors can be merchant."
"bankings can be merchant."
"units can be merchant."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.