1. to make (something broken, worn, torn, or otherwise damaged) whole, sound, or usable by repairing: to mend old clothes; to mend a broken toy.
2. to remove or correct defects or errors in.
3. to set right; make better; improve: to mend matters. verb (used without object)
4. to progress toward recovery, as a sick person.
5. (of broken bones) to grow back together; knit.
6. to improve, as conditions or affairs. noun
7. the act of mending; repair or improve
"people can be mended by coopers."
"fences can be mended."
"shoes can be mended."
"tears can be mended."
"says can be mended."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.