1. having considerable linear extent in space: a long distance; a long handle.
2. having considerable duration in time: a long conversation; a long while.
3. extending, lasting, or totaling a number of specified units: eight miles long; eight hours long.
4. containing many items or units: a long list.
5. requiring a considerable time to relate, read, etc.: a lon
"groups can be long on markets."
"speeches can be long on goals."
"markets can be long on dollars."
"markets can be long in teeth."
"banks can be long on dollars."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.