1. the longest extent of anything as measured from end to end: the length of a river.
2. the measure of the greatest dimension of a plane or solid figure.
3. extent from beginning to end of a series, enumeration, account, book, etc.: a report running 300 pages in length.
4. extent in time; duration: the length of a battle.
5. a distance determined by the extent of something specified: Hold the picture at arm's length.
6. a piece or portion of a certain or a known extent: a
"companies can be length."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.