1. a chain, strap, etc., for controlling or leading a dog or other animal; lead.
2. check; curb; restraint: to keep one's temper in leash; a tight leash on one's subordinates.
3. Hunting. a brace and a half, as of foxes or hounds. verb (used with object)
4. to secure, control, or restrain by or as if by a leash: to leash water power for industrial use.
5. to bind together by or as if by a leash; connect; link; associate.
"deficits can be leash."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.