1. a thickness of some material laid on or spread over a surface: a layer of soot on the window sill; two layers of paint.
2. bed; stratum: alternating layers of basalt and sandstone.
3. a person or thing that lays: a carpet layer.
4. a hen kept for egg production.
5. one of several items of clothing worn one on top of the other.
6. Horticulture. a shoot or twig that is induced to root while still attached to the living stock, as by bending and covering with soil. a plant so
"structures can be layered."
"styles can be layered."
"rocks can be layered."
"products can be layered."
"perceptronses can be layered."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.