1. to put or place in a horizontal position or position of rest; set down: to lay a book on a desk.
2. to knock or beat down, as from an erect position; strike or throw to the ground: One punch laid him low.
3. to put or place in a particular position: The dog laid its ears back.
4. to cause to be in a particular state or condition: Their motives were laid bare.
5. to set, place, or apply (often followed by to or on): to lay hands on a chil
"works can be lay for mechanisms."
"talks can be lay for developments."
"students can be lay on lecturers."
"roads can be lay between avenues."
"processors can be lay off workers."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.