1. a person whose profession is to represent clients in a court of law or to advise or act for clients in other legal matters.
2. New Testament. an interpreter of the Mosaic Law. Luke 14:
3. verb (used without object)
3. to work as a lawyer; practice law. verb (used with object)
4. to submit (a case, document, or the like) to a lawyer for examination, advice, clarification, etc.
"defences can be lawyerly."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.