1. to strike a sounding blow with the fist, knuckles, or anything hard, especially on a door, window, or the like, as in seeking admittance, calling attention, or giving a signal: to knock on the door before entering.
2. to strike in collision; bump: He knocked into a table.
3. to make a pounding noise: The engine of our car is knocking badly.
4. Informal. to engage in trivial or carping criticism; find fault.
5. Cards. to end a game, as in gin rummy, by
"teams can be knocking."
"reals can be knocking."
"people can be knocking."
"percents can be knocking."
"ions can be knocking."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.