1. to strike a sounding blow with the fist, knuckles, or anything hard, especially on a door, window, or the like, as in seeking admittance, calling attention, or giving a signal: to knock on the door before entering.
2. to strike in collision; bump: He knocked into a table.
3. to make a pounding noise: The engine of our car is knocking badly.
4. Informal. to engage in trivial or carping criticism; find fault.
5. Cards. to end a game, as in gin rummy, by
"dollars can be knocked off levels."
"prices can be knocked off pedestals."
"people can be knocked at doors."
"dollars can be knocked off yen."
"backs can be knocked on doors."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.