1. the softer, usually edible part contained in the shell of a nut or the stone of a fruit.
2. the body of a seed within its husk or integuments.
3. a whole seed grain, as of wheat or corn.
4. South Atlantic States. the pit or seed of a peach, cherry, plum, etc.
5. the central or most important part of anything; essence; gist; core: His leadership is the kernel of the organization.
6. Mathematics. the set of elements that a given function from one set to a second set maps into the
"corns can be kernelled."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.