1. to jar, shake, or cause to move by or as if by a sudden rough thrust; shake up roughly: The bus jolted its passengers as it went down the rocky road.
2. to knock sharply so as to dislodge: He jolted the nail free with a stone.
3. to stun with a blow, especially in boxing.
4. to shock emotionally or psychologically: His sudden death jolted us all.
5. to bring to a desired state sharply or abruptly: to jolt a person into awareness.
6. to make active or
"tackles can be jolting."
"rides can be jolting."
"waggons can be jolting."
"trades can be jolting."
"roads can be jolting."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.