1. a joke or witty remark; witticism.
2. a bantering remark; a piece of good-natured ridicule; taunt.
3. sport or fun: to speak half in jest, half in earnest.
4. the object of laughter, sport, or mockery; laughing-stock.
5. Obsolete. an exploit.Compare gest. verb (used without object)
6. to speak in a playful, humorous, or facetious way; joke.
7. to speak or act in mere sport, rather than in earnest; trifle (often followed by with): Please don't jest with me.
8. to utter
"people can be jesting."
"juniors can be jesting."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.