1. a quick, sharp pull, thrust, twist, throw, or the like; a sudden movement: The train started with a jerk.
2. a spasmodic, usually involuntary, muscular movement, as the reflex action of pulling the hand away from a flame.
3. any sudden, quick movement of the body, as in dodging something.
4. Slang. a contemptibly naive, fatuous, foolish, or inconsequential person.
5. (in weightlifting) the raising of a weight from shoulder height to above the head by straightening the arms.
"movements can be jerking."
"rhythms can be jerking."
"heads can be jerking."
"uprights can be jerking."
"uncontrollablies can be jerking."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.