1. a food preparation of a soft, elastic consistency due to the presence of gelatin, pectin, etc., especially fruit juice boiled down with sugar and used as a sweet spread for bread and toast, as a filling for cakes or doughnuts, etc.
2. any substance having the consistency of jelly.
3. Chiefly British. a fruit-flavored gelatin dessert.
4. a plastic sandal or shoe. verb (used with or without object), jellied, jellying.
5. to bring or come to the consistency of jell
"matters can be jellylike."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.