1. to have a harshly unpleasant or perturbing effect on one's nerves, feelings, thoughts, etc.: The sound of the alarm jarred.
2. to produce a harsh, grating sound; sound discordantly.
3. to vibrate audibly; rattle: The window jarred in the frame.
4. to vibrate or shake.
5. to conflict, clash, or disagree. verb (used with object), jarred, jarring.
6. to cause to rattle or shake.
7. to have a sudden and unpleasant effect upon (the feel
"ties can be jarred."
"weeks can be jarred."
"shoulders can be jarred."
"nerves can be jarred."
"faces can be jarred."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.