noun, plural ivories.
1. the hard white substance, a variety of dentin, composing the main part of the tusks of the elephant, walrus, etc.
2. this substance when taken from a dead animal and used to make carvings, billiard balls, etc.
3. some substance resembling this.
4. an article made of this substance, as a carving or a billiard ball.
5. a tusk, as of an elephant.
6. dentin of any kind.
7. Slang. a tooth, or the teeth.
8. ivories, Slang. the keys of a piano or of a similar keyboard i
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.