verb (used with object)
1. to treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness; affront.
2. to affect as an affront; offend or demean.
3. Archaic. to attack; assault.
verb (used without object)
4. Archaic. to behave with insolent triumph; exult contemptuously (usually followed by on, upon, or over).
5. an insolent or contemptuously rude action or remark; affront.
6. something having the effect of an affront: That book is an insult to one's intelligence.
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.