1. to supply or brighten with light; light up.
2. to make lucid or clear; throw light on (a subject).
3. to decorate with lights, as in celebration.
4. to enlighten, as with knowledge.
5. to make resplendent or illustrious: A smile illuminated her face.
6. to decorate (a manuscript, book, etc.) with colors and gold or silver, as was often done in the Middle Ages. verb (used without object), illuminated, illuminating.
7. to display
"offices can be illuminated by lights."
"factories can be illuminated by lights."
"manuscriptses can be illuminated."
"cars can be illuminated."
"trams can be illuminated."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.