1. born of parents who are not married to each other; born out of wedlock: an illegitimate child.
2. not legitimate; not sanctioned by law or custom.
3. unlawful; illegal: an illegitimate action.
4. irregular; not in good usage.
5. Logic. not in accordance with the principles of valid inference.
6. Obsolete. of or relating to stage plays in which musical numbers were inserted because of laws that gave only a few theaters the exclusive right to produce straight dramas. actin
"terms can be illegitimate within terms."
"children can be illegitimate."
"daughters can be illegitimate."
"sons can be illegitimate."
"births can be illegitimate."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.