1. any shrub or small tree belonging to the genus Corylus, of the birch family, having toothed, ovate leaves and bearing edible nuts, as C. avellana, of Europe, or C. americana and C. cornuta, of the Western Hemisphere.
2. any of several other shrubs or trees, as an Australian shrub, Pomaderris apetala.
3. the wood of any of these trees.
4. the hazelnut or filbert.
5. light golden brown, as the color of a hazelnut. adjective
6. of or relating to the hazel.
7. made of the wood of
"eyes can be hazel."
"twigs can be hazel."
"trees can be hazel."
"nuts can be hazel."
"thickets can be hazel."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.