1. grass, clover, alfalfa, etc., cut and dried for use as forage.
2. grass mowed or intended for mowing.
3. Slang. a small sum of money: Twenty dollars an hour for doing very little certainly ain't hay. money: A thousand dollars for a day's work is a lot of hay!
4. Slang. marijuana. verb (used with object)
5. to convert (plant material) into hay.
6. to furnish (horses, cows, etc.) with hay. verb (used without object)
7. to cut grass, clover, or the like, and store for
"operations can be haying."
"controls can be haying."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.