1. a shaped covering for the head, usually with a crown and brim, especially for wear outdoors.
2. Roman Catholic Church. the distinctive head covering of a cardinal. the office or dignity of a cardinal.Compare red hat. verb (used with object), hatted, hatting.
3. to provide with a hat; put a hat on. Idioms
4. hat in hand, humbly; respectfully: He approached the boss, hat in hand.
5. pass the hat, to ask for contributions of money, as for charity; take up a collection: The l
"shapes can be hatted."
"respects can be hatted."
"mothers can be hatted."
"heads can be hatted."
"gatemans can be hatted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.