1. a shaped covering for the head, usually with a crown and brim, especially for wear outdoors.
2. Roman Catholic Church. the distinctive head covering of a cardinal. the office or dignity of a cardinal.Compare red hat. verb (used with object), hatted, hatting.
3. to provide with a hat; put a hat on. Idioms
4. hat in hand, humbly; respectfully: He approached the boss, hat in hand.
5. pass the hat, to ask for contributions of money, as for charity; take up a collection: The l
"people can be hatless."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.