1. ungentle and unpleasant in action or effect: harsh treatment; harsh manners.
2. grim or unpleasantly severe; stern; cruel; austere: a harsh life; a harsh master.
3. physically uncomfortable; desolate; stark: a harsh land.
4. unpleasant to the ear; grating; strident: a harsh voice; a harsh sound.
5. unpleasantly rough, ragged, or coarse to the touch: a harsh surface.
6. jarring to the eye or to the esthetic sense; unrefined; crude; raw: harsh colors.
"organizations can be harsher with places."
"penalties can be harsher."
"punishments can be harsher."
"measures can be harsher."
"brands can be harsher."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.