1. not soft; solid and firm to the touch; unyielding to pressure and impenetrable or almost impenetrable.
2. firmly formed; tight: a hard knot.
3. difficult to do or accomplish; fatiguing; troublesome: a hard task.
4. difficult or troublesome with respect to an action, situation, person, etc.: hard to please; a hard time.
5. difficult to deal with, manage, control, overcome, or understand: a hard problem.
6. involving a great deal of effort, energy,
"people can be hard at works."
"people can be hard on people."
"people can be hard at people."
"people can be hard at things."
"people can be hard of hearings."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.