1. the act, an instance, or the form of capital punishment carried out by suspending one by the neck from a gallows, gibbet, or the like, until dead.
2. Often, hangings. something that hangs or is hung on the walls of a room, as a drapery or tapestry.
3. a suspending or temporary attaching, as of a painting: a careless hanging of pictures. adjective
4. punishable by, deserving, or causing death by hanging: a hanging crime; a hanging offense.
5. inclined to inflict death by hanging
"issues can be hanging over industries."
"uncertainties can be hanging over markets."
"problems can be hanging over places."
"problems can be hanging for years."
"places can be hanging over mantles."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.