1. a rope or strap with a noose or headstall for leading or restraining horses or cattle.
2. a rope with a noose for hanging criminals; the hangman's noose; gallows.
3. death by hanging.
4. Also called halter top. a woman's top, secured behind the neck and across the back, leaving the arms, shoulders, upperback, and often the midriff bare. verb (used with object)
5. to put a halter on; restrain as by a halter.
6. to hang (a person). adjective
7. (of a garment) having a neckli
"dresses can be halter."
"tops can be halter."
"collars can be halter."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.