1. shockingly frightful or dreadful; horrible: a ghastly murder.
2. resembling a ghost, especially in being very pale: a ghastly look to his face.
3. terrible; very bad: a ghastly error. adverb
4. Also, ghastlily, ghastily. in a ghastly manner; horribly; terribly.
5. with a deathlike quality.
"rates can be ghastly across markets."
"patients can be ghastly on gettings."
"faces can be ghastly under moons."
"consequences can be ghastly for parties."
"people can be ghastly."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.