1. liberal in giving or sharing; unselfish: a generous patron of the arts; a generous gift.
2. free from meanness or smallness of mind or character; magnanimous.
3. large; abundant; ample: a generous portion of pie.
4. rich or strong in flavor: a generous wine.
5. fertile; prolific: generous soil.
"people can be generous to people."
"people can be generous with things."
"people can be generous in ways."
"leaders can be generous in handings."
"places can be generous to critics."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.