1. a cut and polished precious stone or pearl fine enough for use in jewelry.
2. something likened to or prized as such a stone because of its beauty or worth: His painting was the gem of the collection.
3. a person held in great esteem or affection.
4. muffin (def 1).
5. British Printing. a 4-point type of a size between brilliant and diamond. verb (used with object), gemmed, gemming.
6. to adorn with or as with gems; begem. adjective
7. Jewelry. noting perfection or ve
"necklaces can be gemmed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.