1. a cut and polished precious stone or pearl fine enough for use in jewelry.
2. something likened to or prized as such a stone because of its beauty or worth: His painting was the gem of the collection.
3. a person held in great esteem or affection.
4. muffin (def 1).
5. British Printing. a 4-point type of a size between brilliant and diamond. verb (used with object), gemmed, gemming.
6. to adorn with or as with gems; begem. adjective
7. Jewelry. noting perfection or ve
"stones can be gem."
"diamonds can be gem."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.