1. a small mallet used by the presiding officer of a meeting, a judge, etc., usually to signal for attention or order.
2. a similar mallet used by an auctioneer to indicate acceptance of the final bid.
3. Masonry. kevel2 . verb (used with object)
4. to chair (a legislative session, convention, meeting, etc.).
5. to request or maintain (order at a meeting) by striking a gavel. to begin or put into effect (a legislative session, motion, etc.) by striking a gavel.
"whiles can be gavel."
"falls can be gavel."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.