1. a movable barrier, usually on hinges, closing an opening in a fence, wall, or other enclosure.
2. an opening permitting passage through an enclosure.
3. a tower, architectural setting, etc., for defending or adorning such an opening or for providing a monumental entrance to a street, park, etc.: the gates of the walled city; the palace gate.
4. any means of access or entrance: The gate to stardom is talent.
5. a mountain pass.
6. any movable barrier, as at a tollbooth or a ro
"outs can be gate."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.