1. a sudden, short intake of breath, as in shock or surprise.
2. a convulsive effort to breathe.
3. a short, convulsive utterance: the words came out in gasps. verb (used without object)
4. to catch one's breath.
5. to struggle for breath with the mouth open; breathe convulsively.
6. to long with breathless eagerness; desire; crave (usually followed by for or after). verb (used with object)
7. to utter with gasps (often followed by out, forth, away, etc.): She gasped out the wo
"outs can be gasped."
"dollies can be gasped."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.