1. to stare with open mouth, as in wonder.
2. to open the mouth wide involuntarily, as the result of hunger, sleepiness, or absorbed attention.
3. to open as a gap; split or become open wide. noun
4. a wide opening; gap; breach.
5. an act or instance of gaping.
6. a stare, as in astonishment or with the mouth wide open.
7. a yawn.
8. Zoology. the width of the open mouth.
"holes can be gaping."
"deficits can be gaping."
"mouths can be gaping."
"wounds can be gaping."
"gills can be gaping."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.