1. to get (something desired), especially as a result of one's efforts: to gain possession of an object; to gain permission to enter a country.
2. to acquire as an increase or addition: to gain weight; to gain speed.
3. to obtain as a profit: He gained ten dollars by this deal.
4. to win; get in competition: to gain the prize.
5. to win (someone) to one's own side or point of view; persuade (sometimes followed by over): to gain supporters.
6. (of a wa
"entries can be gaining."
"supports can be gaining."
"memberships can be gaining."
"experiences can be gaining."
"controls can be gaining."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.