1. to get (something desired), especially as a result of one's efforts: to gain possession of an object; to gain permission to enter a country.
2. to acquire as an increase or addition: to gain weight; to gain speed.
3. to obtain as a profit: He gained ten dollars by this deal.
4. to win; get in competition: to gain the prize.
5. to win (someone) to one's own side or point of view; persuade (sometimes followed by over): to gain supporters.
6. (of a wa
"grounds can be gained."
"momentums can be gained."
"strengths can be gained."
"supports can be gained."
"controls can be gained."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.