1. a string or chain of flowers, foliage, ribbon, etc., suspended in a curve between two points.
2. a decorative representation of this, as in architectural work or on pottery.
3. a fabric suspended, draped, and bound at intervals to form graceful loops or scalloped folds.
4. Dentistry. the garlandlike area of the gums surrounding the necks of the teeth. verb (used with object)
5. to adorn with or as with festoons: to festoon a hall.
6. to form into festoons: to festoon flowers
"shelves can be festooned with kitchens."
"shelves can be festooned."
"hedges can be festooned."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.