1. to form pus; generate purulent matter; suppurate.
2. to cause ulceration, as a foreign body in the flesh.
3. to putrefy or rot.
4. to rankle, as a feeling of resentment. verb (used with object)
5. to cause to rankle: Malice festered his spirit. noun
6. an ulcer; a rankling sore.
7. a small, purulent, superficial sore.
"disputes can be festering."
"sores can be festering."
"rows can be festering."
"wounds can be festering."
"squabbles can be festering."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.