1. from higher to lower; in descending direction or order; toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
2. on or to the ground, floor, or bottom: He fell down.
3. to or in a sitting or lying position.
4. to or in a position, area, or district considered lower, especially from a geographical or cartographic standpoint, as to the south, a business district, etc.: We drove from San Francisco down to Los Angeles.
5. to or at a lower value or rate.
6. to a less
"pounds can be down at dollars."
"prices can be down by rupees."
"solvents can be down by rupees."
"silvers can be down by rupees."
"people can be down by rupees."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.