1. reckless or dangerous because of despair, hopelessness, or urgency: a desperate killer.
2. having an urgent need, desire, etc.: desperate for attention; desperate to find a job.
3. leaving little or no hope; very serious or dangerous: a desperate illness.
4. extremely bad; intolerable or shocking: clothes in desperate taste.
5. extreme or excessive.
6. making a final, ultimate effort; giving all: a desperate attempt to save a life.
7. actuated by a feeling of h
"people can be desperate for people."
"people can be desperate for helps."
"people can be desperate for works."
"people can be desperate for foods."
"members can be desperate for cuts."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.